Steps You Need to Take
To Start the Admissions Process:
- Apply online or fill out and send completed application for admissions to the Admissions Office (BCC Admissions Office, 777 Elsbree Street, Fall River, MA 02720).
- Include a check or money order payable to Bristol Community College for the appropriate application fee; $10.00 for Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents, $35.00 for all others.
- Ask your high school and all post-secondary schools you attended to send an official transcript of your final grades to the BCC Admissions Office. Even though applicants are able to self-certify high school or secondary school completion on the admission application, you must follow up and submit your final official transcript for financial aid and advisement purposes.
PLEASE NOTE: Students with an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or higher are not required to submit a high school or secondary school transcript. There is one exception: Applicants to health science programs should request official high school (or secondary school) and college transcripts to be sent to the Admissions Office in order to ensure that academic minimal qualifications have been satisfied as outlined in the catalog's program of study.
- If you have received your High School Equivalency Tests (HiSET), have an official copy of your test scores sent to the BCC Admissions Office. Transcripts must be official. The office can not accept copies of transcripts made by students.
- Contact Financial Aid (ext. 2515) to start the financial aid process. Students must be admitted to a degree or applicable certificate program in order to be eligible to receive financial aid.
Don’t forget to send your health immunization forms after you receive the admissions decision. You can mail forms to BCC Health Services, 777 Elsbree St, Fall River, MA 02720 or fax them to 508.730.3286 to the attention of Health Services.
Click here for the Enrollment Checklist.
Final Steps to Completing the Admissions Process:
- Once all the information is received, your completed application will be reviewed for admission to the desired program.
- After the review process is complete, you will be notified by mail of the admissions decision. If you’ve applied for financial aid, the Financial Aid Office will also notify you of the status of your eligibility.
- Once you receive a letter of acceptance from the Admissions Office, you will be responsible for setting up your accessBCC student email account, schedule yourself for placement testing (if necessary) and contact the Advisement Office to be scheduled for course registration. In addition, you will need to complete and return the health immunization forms. You can mail forms to BCC Health Services, 777 Elsbree St, Fall River, MA 02720 or fax them to 508.730.3286 to the attention of Health Services.
- After placement testing, you will meet with an academic advisor to select courses consistent with your academic program of study. Students transferring in credits from another college/university will be notified by mail of the courses BCC accepted for transfer credit.