Cooperative Education for Employers
Because Cooperative Education is an optional program for BCC students, it attracts students who take their education and future career goals seriously. It draws students willing to take risks, apply themselves, think critically, and accept constructive feedback related to their overall performance, job specific skills, attitude, and personal & professional goals.
Advantages for Employers
- Test and evaluate a Co-op student as a possible permanent employee.
- Choose from a pool of pre-screened students who meet your qualifications.
- Gain a flexible and affordable source of motivated and competent entry-level employees.
- Receive professional service from Co-op staff who are experienced in recruitment strategies, labor and employment trends, career development and developing work-based learning opportunities.
- Increase the cost-effectiveness of recruitment, training, and retention.
- Play an active role in developing local workforce.
Internships must be a minimum of 12 to15 weeks and approximately 10 to 40 hours per week and run concurrent with the academic semesters as follows: Fall (Sept-Dec); Spring (Jan-May); Summer (May/June-Aug). However, students are available for interviewing and hiring throughout the year.
Employers may use CONNECTLink, a one-stop portal to offer internships to all five CONNECT colleges and universities.