CATCH Info Sessions
Are you ready to begin a career in the growing fields of hospitality and tourism, but don’t know where to start?
Attend any of the Fall CATCH Institute Information Sessions below:
- Tuesday, October 11, from 6 – 8 p.m., Grady Dining Room, in the lower level of the Commonwealth College Center (G-Building), at the BCC Fall River Campus, 777 Elsbree St.
- Monday, October 17, from 5 – 7 p.m., conference room #137, at the BCC Taunton Center, Silver City Galleria, 2 Galleria Mall Dr.
- Tuesday, December 27, from 10 a.m. – noon, Grady Dining Room, in the lower level of the Commonwealth College Center (G-Building), at the BCC Fall River Campus, 777 Elsbree St.
Students interested in admission into the CATCH Institute must attend a CATCH Institute Information session.
The CATCH Institute at Bristol Community College provides a direct response to the growing hospitality and tourism needs in and around Bristol County. CATCH, which stands for Culinary Arts, Tourism, Casino, and Hospitality, groups some of the College’s premier programs under one umbrella.
The information session will provide an overview of the CATCH Institute’s four concentrations as well as the industries each concentration represents. Participants will receive free assistance with the admissions and financial aid process and will get CATCH Institute-specific information about uniforms, schedule, participation in the College’s Culinary Arts events, and more.
Students in any of the CATCH programs receive valuable exposure to all of the disciplines in the Institute. This creates well-rounded students ready to enter the workforce as equally well-rounded employees.
“With a nearby destination casino scheduled to open in June of next year, now is the time to get your education going to start gaining in-demand skills,” said Chef John Caressimo, Director of the CATCH Institute.
“A destination casino does not only mean gaming. An employee who is knowledgeable in several disciplines of hospitality is very valuable in this industry,” added Caressimo.
The CATCH Institute provides a direct response to the growing hospitality and tourism needs in and around Bristol County.
CATCH, which stands for Culinary Arts, Tourism, Casino, and Hospitality, groups some of the College’s premier programs under one umbrella. Students in any of the CATCH programs receive an education and valuable exposure, to all of the disciplines in the Institute. This creates well-rounded students ready to enter the workforce as equally well-rounded employees.
Turn your passion for food and flavors into a life calling. The Culinary Arts program at BCC prepares you for entry-level and advanced positions in food preparation or in the front of the house. Culinary prepares you for high-level kitchen work, and the Baking and Pastry Arts program focuses on desserts, bread products, showpieces, and cake creation.
- Culinary Essentials and Advanced Culinary
- Tableside Cooking
- Mixology and Bar Management
- Computer Essentials
- Sanitation (leading to ServSafe certification)
- Chocolate and Sugar Work
Make it your job to help others play – that’s the opportunity in Casino Management. The expansion of gaming in New England offers spinoff growth for other leisure industries in the region. Workers need to have critical-thinking skills and a solid skill base, as well as an understanding of all aspects of the industry. With the CATCH Institute’s multi-disciplinary approach, you get exposed to all the pieces that make up a successful casino – including restaurants and hotels.
- Loss Prevention
- Social Issues
- Business and Information Management
- Accounting for Casino Operations
- Marketing for Casino Operations
Tourism and Hospitality
Travel is the ultimate adventure, and as the world gets smaller, you can take a role in helping others experience it. Learn the communications and organizational skills you need to create experiences that others will remember forever.
- Tour, Meeting, and Event Planning
- Hotel and Motel Management, Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations
Benefits of the CATCH Institute Approach
- Learn from industry experts in the classes
- Access professional-grade learning facilities, from kitchen to the new gaming lab
- Get real-time tour planning experience
- Learn about all aspects of the industries (to maximize your employability.)