Parking Changes 2014
Parking changes starting Tuesday, October 21
There is now NO PARKING on the south side (the house side) of Elsbree Street in front of the Fall River Campus. The City of Fall River will start ticketing again. (You can see that they have uncovered the signs, and it says NO PARKING 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.) A word to the wise -- pay attention to the signs! Thank you.
Parking changes starting Thursday, October 16
Parking lot 10 opens and lot 8 will close for continued work on the solar canopy. Watch for the signs and directions as you come on the Fall River Campus.
Thanks for your continued patience. Remember, don't park on the grass, in unmarked spaces, or blocking any driveway in the neighborhoods! Be kind and considerate to the neighbors and to your fellow BCC-ers.
Parking changes starting Monday, October 6
No more trolley between Bishop Connolly and the Fall River Campus. If you are running late and want to be assured of a spot, you most likely will find one quickly in lots 6-8, as those have been lightly filled over the past two weeks. Lot 10 will open soon, and then lot 8 will close for construction.
Remember, do not park illegally – Campus Police are issuing tickets! Stay off the grass, please.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Parking changes starting Monday, September 15
Sorry, parking will still be hard....
But as of Monday, overflow parking will be at Bishop Connolly ONLY. Parking is still available all the other areas listed below. The trolley will run between Bishop Connolly and the front of D building Mondays through Thursdays, 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you need assistance getting to your car, please call Campus Police.
Parking on the BCC Fall River Campus is going to be tough for the first few weeks of Fall 2014.
With the ongoing construction of new solar canopies in several lots, parking is going to be tighter than normal for students, staff, and faculty. (Read about the canopies here.)
While this project is wrapping up, a bunch of new parking solutions have been added to ease the burden including:
- Parking and free shuttle service from Bishop Connolly high school.
- Parking on both sides of Elsbree Street (approved by the City of Fall River)
- Parking on the north side of Langley Street (turn off Elsbree Street east toward route 24 along the College’s lots, across from the houses and approved by the City of Fall River).
- Newly created spaces on the Fall River Campus.
Free Shuttle Service
Reserved parking for BCC students, staff, and faculty will be available at Bishop Connolly High School.
Trolleys will run Monday-Thursday, from 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. from designated stops at each school. Watch for the signs!
The service will run as a loop: picking passengers up at Connolly and BCC throughout the day. If you need assistance getting to your car, call Campus Police.
If you come to the College in the morning and don’t move your car until you go home in the afternoon, consider parking in the off-site spaces to make campus spaces available to our students.
- Leave yourself extra time to get to work and/or class.
- Be patient! We will have lots of signage and directions posted and will try to make it as easy for you as we can.
- Please contact Campus Police at ext. 2218 if you need assistance.
- Remember that our inconvenience is paving the way for a great opportunity for the College – a solar canopy providing cheaper, more sustainable energy for the College. This project will make major strides in limiting College emissions into the atmosphere.
- DO NOT park illegally -- please do not block neighbors' driveways, fire hydrants, or handicapped spaces
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 16:45:00 GMT