The Effective Teaching Program is designed for both new instructors who want to acquire knowledge and skills and veteran instructors who wish to enhance their existing competencies.
It is a 10-hour program comprised of four 2-1/2 hour modules. Each module is devoted to a particular aspect of teaching in the college environment. Sessions are interactive and participants are encouraged to share their own knowledge and experiences.
The program is free and open to all faculty members. You can register even if you are not available for each of the four sessions. Sessions missed can be taken in subsequent semesters. Upon completion of the entire program you will receive a Certificate of Recognition.
Taught by College faculty and staff, topics have included:
- Characteristics of adult learners
- Overview of theories of adult development
- Identifying learning objectives
- Designing classroom strategies
- Ongoing Learning Evaluation
- Learning Styles in the College Classroom
- Student Assessment
- Rights and Responsibilities of Instructor and Student
- Classroom Diversity
- Learning Disabilities
- Effective teaching with technology