Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions that we are asked quite often:
- What kind of payment plan do you have?
- What is the College Fee?
- Are there any fees that can be waived?
- What are the Student Accounts Office's hours?
- What type of waivers are accepted?
- What age is accepted for Senior Citizens?
- What is Student Support Fee?
- What is Instructional Support Fee?
- What do I do if I have not received a bill?
- I applied for Financial Aid and there is no amount on my bill? Why?
- Why am I being billed as a non-resident?
- Why do I have a hold on my account?
- How am I notified if I have financial refund?
1. What kind of payment plan do you have?
The payment plan we offer is NBS Nelnet Business Solutions. This plan is a four month payment plan. For more information please call the Student Accounts office at (508) 678-281, ext. 2160.
2. What is the College Fee?
The College Fee is a portion of the per credit charge that is collected from all students and used to pay for general College operations not funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These include, but are not limited to, instructional computer equipment, educational supplies, audiovisual aids, library books, and laboratory supplies. This is a mandatory fee.
3. Are there any fees that can be waived?
Health Insurance fees can be waived. You must be covered by your own Health Insurance or under your parents Health Insurance before you can waive this fee.
5. What type of waivers are accepted?
Massachusetts Wartime Veterans waiver, State Employee waiver, Massachusetts National Guard waiver, Sachem waiver, and Native American waiver. The State Employee waiver waives full tuition for day school and half tuition for evening school. The Massachusetts National Guard waiver is only accepted for day school. All waivers are for tuition only, and the student is responsible for fees. Also, all waivers need to be brought in to the Student Accounts Office before the bill is due or during registration. See on-line Waiver by clicking here: Waiver Form.
6. What age is accepted for Senior Citizens?
Students age 60 years and older who are Massachusetts residents are eligible for a tuition waiver. All other fees must be paid at registration. Billing is unavailable. Senior citizen waivers are accepted one week before classes begin on a space available basis only. No late fee is charged. Waiver may not be used for Workforce Development courses. Click here for Waiver Form.
7. What is Student Support Fee?
Student Support Fee includes services such as student e-mail, Internet access, student engagement, health services, computer lab, and orientation. This is a non-refundable fee.
There are several reasons why this may occur. You should contact the Financial Aid Office at (508) 678-2811 ext. 2515.
If you have lived in Massachusetts for six consecutive months prior to the start of classes and are a United States Citizen or eligible non-citizen you must complete the Massachusetts Community Colleges In-State Tuition Eligibility form which can be found at Admissions.
There are several reasons for why students have holds. The most common reasons are:
Student Accounts Office: You may have an outstanding balance
Health Services: You may need to turn in a copy of your immunization records.
If you have recently taken care of one of these issues and still have a hold, please contact the appropriate office.
13. How am I notified if I have financial refund?
Students who are awarded financial aid in excess of their charges will be notified of a refund via email through their accessBCC account. Refunds are now issued electronically through the accessBCCRefundCard. For more information visit SAO Refund Card page.