Financial Aid Workshops
The Financial Aid Office, in conjunction with the e.
Fall River Campus every Friday; arrive anytime between 11:00 - 2:00 Room K205
New Bedford Campus every Tuesday; arrive for the start of the session 3:00 at 800 Purchase St; Room NH 401
Select one workshop and arrive for the start of the session at 5:00 p.m.
Monday, September 16
Monday, October 28
Monday, November 18
Monday, December 16
Whose information do you bring?
- Your (the student) information
- If you are a dependent student, your parent information also
- If you are married, your spouse information also
Who is considered a dependent student?
For enrollment beginning Fall 2013 or later, dependent students are those individuals born January 1, 1990 or later
However, parent information is not needed if:
- You are married
- You are a veteran or serving in the armed services
- Both your parents are deceased
- You have a child and you provide more than 50% of their support
- You are an orphan or have been a ward of the court at any time since you turned age 13
- You have dependents other than a child and provide more than 50% of their support
- You are an emancipated minor as determined by the court
- You were born before January 1, 1990
What information do you bring?
2012 income information is needed to complete forms for Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014 enrollment
- W-2 Forms (student, parent, spouse)
- Signed and filed federal tax return –Form 1040 (student, parent, spouse)
- Verification of any other income received – Unemployment, SSI, SSDI, TANF, etc. (student, parent, spouse)
- Current savings and checking account amounts (student, parent, spouse)
- Asset information (student, parent, spouse)
- Federal PIN; this is the four digit number issued by the U. S. Department of Education. If you need one, please go to www.pin.ed.gov If you are a dependent applicant, your parent will also need their own PIN.