Financial Aid Workshops
The Financial Aid Office, in conjunction with the e.
Fall River Campus every Friday; arrive anytime between 11:00 - 2:00 Room K205
New Bedford Campus every Tuesday; arrive for the start of the session 3:00 at 188 Union Street, Room NS 152
Select one workshop and arrive for the start of the session at 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 14
Wednesday, June 12
Thursday, July 18
Wednesday August 7
Whose information do you bring?
- Your (the student) information
- If you are a dependent student, your parent information also
- If you are married, your spouse information also
Who is considered a dependent student?
For enrollment through Summer 2013, dependent students are those individuals born January 1, 1989 or later
For enrollment beginning Fall 2013 or later, dependent students are those individuals born January 1, 1990 or later
However, parent information is not needed if:
- You are married
- You are a veteran or serving in the armed services
- Both your parents are deceased
- You have a child and you provide more than 50% of their support
- You are an orphan or have been a ward of the court at any time since you turned age 13
- You have dependents other than a child and provide more than 50% of their support
- You are an emancipated minor as determined by the court
- You were born before the January 1 date mentioned above
What information do you bring?
2011 income information is needed to complete forms for Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Summer 2013 enrollment
2012 income information is needed to complete forms for Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014 enrollment
- W-2 Forms (student, parent, spouse)
- Signed and filed federal tax return –Form 1040 (student, parent, spouse)
- Verification of any other income received – Unemployment, SSI, SSDI, TANF, etc. (student, parent, spouse)
- Current savings and checking account amounts (student, parent, spouse)
- Asset information (student, parent, spouse)
- Federal PIN; this is the four digit number issued by the U. S. Department of Education. If you need one, please go to www.pin.ed.gov If you are a dependent applicant, your parent will also need their own PIN.