Bristol Community College

Bristol Community College

Enrollment Center Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

When is the latest I can register for a credit class?

You may register for a class up until the end of the first week of classes or before the second meeting for evening and weekend courses which meet only once a week. A late fee of $20 is applied if you register within one week of classes beginning. This fee does not apply to students who are adding courses to their existing semester schedule.

I faxed/mailed my form, how do I know you received it?

All faxes and mail-ins are processed the day they are received provided all the necessary information is received. If a fax or mail-in cannot be processed, someone will call or email you for clarification. Confirmation of a credit course registration may be viewed on the web through accessBCC.

How do I get my PIN to register on-line?

You must meet with your advisor to receive your Alternate Term PIN, which is the number required to register on-line. If you are unable to meet with your assigned advisor you may contact the Advisement Center to meet with an available advisor or attend any of the walk-in advisement sessions held during the registration period.

How do I find out who my advisor is?

You may contact the Advisement Center at 508.678.2811, ext. 2234 or check with the Enrollment Center during registration periods at ext. 2590.

Will I receive any correspondence in the mail after I register?

Not usually. All the information you need is on your copy of the registration form and in the semester course brochure. If the course you selected is not available or has been cancelled we will contact you. If we are unable to reach you by phone, we will notify you by postcard of the course cancellation. If you register online, it is advisable that you print out your schedule as confirmation. Please remember to update address and telephone information with the Enrollment Center.

How do I find out which books I need?

Bring a copy of your schedule to the BCC bookstore, and they will assist you in locating the correct textbooks.

How do I get into accessBCC?

Go to and click on accessBCC. Enter your username and password or select "Open My Account", which will walk you through opening your account and provide you with the log-in information.

How do I print my schedule?

Log in to your accessBCC account and use the link on the first page or click on the Student Services tab.

How will I know which classroom my course will be held in?

From accessBCC print a new schedule just prior to the first day of classes to be sure you have the correct room assignment. Room schedules are also posted in each classroom building.

How do I find out who the instructor is for my class?

Your schedule includes the name of the faculty member assigned to teach the class. Faculty and staff have both voice mail and e-mail. To locate the instructor on campus check the BCC Directory for office location and campus extension.

How do I find out if my class has been cancelled?

There are two types of class cancellations.

  1. A course will be cancelled if there is insufficient enrollment. Decisions on cancelled courses are generally made one to three weeks prior to the scheduled start of the course. If your course is cancelled, you will be notified by email or by telephone and given the option of choosing another course or receiving a full refund. It is, therefore, very important to make sure the college has your most recent phone number(s) and address.
  2. For up to date information on class meeting cancellations log on to accessBCC and select "Class Cancellations" to find out if an instructor has cancelled class for the day. 

How do I withdraw from a class?

A student may withdraw from a course at any time before the end of the tenth week of the semester and receive a grade of "W". A request to withdraw from a class or the College must be submitted in writing to the Enrollment Center. Your signed request must include your student id or social security number, name and the class you wish to withdraw from. During online registration period, you may also withdraw from courses online.

Withdrawing from a credit course before or during the second week of class will result in the course being drop/deleted from your academic records. After the second week of class, a "W" grade will be assigned. See our refund policies for additional information on refunds.

How do I get a refund if I decide not to take a class I've registered for?

To be eligible for a refund, a student must complete an official withdrawal form available in the Enrollment Center. All students must follow the withdrawal refund procedure, including those on Financial Aid or other third party payment plans. Lack of attendance has no bearing on refunds. Students who do not officially withdraw from a course will be responsible for payment in full. Refunds take from four to six weeks to be processed and are mailed directly to the student.

How do I get my transcripts?

Students may obtain a free "student copy" of their transcripts online through accessBCC or at one of the kiosks on campus. To have an "official" transcript sent to an institution or employer you may:

  • Mail your request to Bristol Community College, Enrollment Center,  777 Elsbree St., Fall River, MA 02720
  • Fax it to 508.730.3274
  • Come to the Enrollment Center in the Commonwealth College Center and complete the Transcript Request Form
  • Log in to accessBCC and request an official transcript

Mail, fax, or in person requests must include the student’s identification or social security number, name, address, the full address to where you wish the transcript mailed, and you must sign the request. There is no charge for credit transcripts.

Who do I call if I have other questions?

For further information, call the Enrollment Center at 508.678.2811, ext. 2590. If your questions relate to the Center for Workforce and Community Education, Non-Credit courses or Kids College, you can reach them at 508.678.2811, ext. 2154 or ext. 2527. Check our faculty and staff campus directory if you are looking to contact a specific person or department.