Step Up to College!
Are you thinking about taking college classes once you have obtained your GED or adult diploma? Could you benefit from some extra support and guidance as you make the transition to college?
The Step Up to College Program can help!
Step Up to College is designed to provide graduates of GED and adult diploma programs with a great beginning at BCC. Students enrolled in the program become part of a community of learners who receive a high level of support as they make the transition to the college environment and college coursework.
Classes in the Program are designed to build a foundation for being a successful college student. The courses are offered in the evening and include the following:
- College Success Seminar
- Technology Tools for College Success
- Study Skills
- Writing Skills
- Introduction to Algebra
Step Up to College students also receive the following support and guidance:
- Assistance with BCC applications, course registrations, placement testing, and financial aid information
- Orientation to the College campus and its resources
- Program staff that collaborate and work individually with students enrolled in the Program.
Admission Steps for Students:
- Schedule a meeting with the Program Director
- Complete the intake form
- Take the College Placement Tests
- Meet with the Program Director to review test results and register for courses
- Attend the Program Orientation