The Carl D. Perkins Postsecondary Grant
In Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Department of Education (MADOE) administers the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-270), commonly known as Perkins IV.
The purpose of the Carl D. Perkins Postsecondary Grant Act of 2006 is to support Career and Technical Education at the Postsecondary level.
Funds provided may be used to:
- Develop new or improve existing Career and Technical Education programs
- Integrate academic skills with career and technical skills
- Provide students with strong experience in all aspects of the industry for various career and technical programs
- Provide professional development to faculty and staff in CTE programs
- Provide services to support students in special populations in CTE programs
- Other related activities
2009 Grads, take our Graduate Survey