The mission of eLearning at Bristol Community College is to:
- Deliver high-quality online courses and programs that adhere to industry best practices, models, and guidelines;
- Provide new avenues of access to educational opportunities;
- Expand learner access to academic and student support services through the use of online tools and strategies;
- Utilize interaction strategies to engage learners with each other, with faculty, and with the broader college community; and,
- Encourage and support faculty use of instructional technologies in online, hybrid, and face-to-face learning environments.
April Bellafiore, Dean of eLearning
As Dean of eLearning, April directs the 100% online and distributed education program at Bristol Community College. She also oversees the Center for Technology Expertise (CITE), which provides technical support and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff members who wish to incorporate technology or distance learning into their teaching or workplace practices. April is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Leadership and Change from Antioch University.
Diane Forand, Instructional Media Specialist
Diane is responsible providing for support for the eLearning program and the Center for Instructional Technology Expertise (CITE). She serves as the primary contact for eLearning faculty and students and works closely with faculty on creating and formatting content for face-to-face and online courses. Diane has been with Bristol Community College in various roles since 2005 and is currently pursuing her bachelor’s degree online with UMass Lowell.
eLearning and CITE lab faculty and student support specialists:
- Dennis Baldwin
- Jake Janson
- Matt Hale
- Rich Dubreuil
- Brian Pacheco
Learn more about eLearning here.