Benefits for students
- Improve your learning of course material by applying what you learn to community needs
- Become aware of your relationship to the quality of life in your community
- Explore career opportunities
- Enhance your transfer application
- Showcase your skills in your résumé
Where do I begin?
Select the link below for the Pre-Service Training Guide that outlines the requirements, expected commitment, and the role of and recognition for BCC students who participate in either service-learning or community service. Once you have read the guide, select the link to the Pre-Service Self-Test, take the test and then select submit to document your participation in Pre-Service Training.
How do I find a community partner placement?
Select the link below to access a list of BCC Community Partner placements and links to other non-profit agencies and organizations in our community at which you may be able to arrange for a placement.
What are the next steps?
Select the following programs to find out more information about current Civic Engagement opportunities at BCC and to access the appropriate forms for each program.
- Community Service
- Community Service Leader
- President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Global Leadership Certificate
Who should I contact?
No matter what your interest, contact Jennifer Boulay, Civic Engagement Coordinator, in person in L117, or by phone at (508) 678-2811 x2853 for more information.
You can get help to think creatively about your goals and to map out ways to use Service-Learning or Community Service to achieve them.