Benefits for faculty
- Offer opportunity for students to apply course material in a practical setting
- Emphasize student responsibility for learning
- Motivate and engage students through critical thinking and hands-on learning
- Explore new active teaching methods and provide writing and research opportunities
- Facilitate faculty connection with community needs and societal issues
Are you a faculty member who wants more information about service-learning?
Select the link below for a Faculty Guide outlining the expected commitment and role of and recognition for BCC faculty who offer their students an opportunity to participate in service-learning.
Are you a BCC professor who plans to have a group of students engage in service-learning at one placement?
Select the link below, and submit the completed form prior to having the students perform the service.
Are you a faculty member who wants to find a List of BCC’s Community Partner Placements?
Select a link below to access a list of BCC Community Partner placements, and links to other non-profit agencies and organizations in our community at which you may be able to arrange for a placement.
What is the next step?
If you need more assistance, contact Dr. Mary Zahm, Director of Civic Engagement, by FAX at (508) 730-3283, or by phone at (508) 678-2811 x.2579.