Bristol Community College supports the following Statement of Core Values as an expression of its shared beliefs and as a foundation on which to build student success and the practice of lifelong learning.
- Foster commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth through general and career-specific education
- Place the needs of learners first
- Facilitate student success by reducing barriers to educational access
- Provide support services and a physical environment that foster student success
- Promote initiative, creativity, innovation, leadership, and outstanding performance in our educational programs and in student performance
- Practice the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Advocate and model teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration
- Improve institutional effectiveness through continuous assessment
- Provide an environment that fosters respect, fairness, responsibility, trust, and honesty
- Maintain a governance structure that encourages shared decision making, transparency, and collegiality
- Provide stewardship and accountability to all constituents
- Respond to the evolving educational needs of a diverse community
- Incorporate the diverse life experiences, achievements, and contributions of all members of our community into the college culture
- Support cultural enrichment and advance economic partnerships throughout our community
- Collaborate with regional, educational, health and social service, and business organizations to strengthen our community.